Looks, TheGirlAtFirstAvenue

Mission Accomplished!

December 17, 2011
Remember when I made all this fuss about blogging etiquette ? About how it is rude to not reply to comments at all? So before someone points out and asks as to why am I not replying to comments these days, let me clarify! (Because there are some of you who keep checking back for replies)
When you are a style blogger, most of the comments you get are of two types:
a) The ‘I-love-what-you-are-wearing’ type
b) And the ‘I-love-what-you-are-wearing-so-follow-me-back’ type.
And since I also put in a few ‘words’ (which are not about the outfit) I get a few comments which are a little more meaningful than Type (A) from those who bother to read. Apart from a really heartfelt ‘Thank you’ I really don’t know what else to say. And when I get 20 comments of the same type, writing 20 ‘thank you’s seems kind of……silly. So from now on, if there is something specific mentioned/asked in the comment which requires a reply, I’ll get back to you either on my blog or your blog or facebook or twitter.

I appreciate every single comment left on my blog, but don’t you think saying 20 to 30 ‘Thank you’s on every post makes me sound like a pompous brat? Like all I want in life is everybody’s approval? See. I don’t want that.

Plus I don’t want to be caught up in this number game anymore. Those who comment just for the sake of increasing their numbers can as well stop now. At least I’ll know who my genuine readers are!
Now that we’ve got all this cleared out let’s move onto interesting things 😉

I watched MI4:Ghost Protocol today, and its definitely good! Action packed from the beginning to the end, with some very cool gadgets. Anil Kapoor’s role is really pathetic. I wouldn’t even call it a role! But all-in-all I loved the movie!

We found an Orange Wall just when we were leaving. It is so rare that I find colored backgrounds to my liking, that I had to click at least one pic here! (Also found a blue wall, a brick wall and a stone wall! Ha! I attained style-blogger nirvana :P)

Jeans – Mango
Top – H&M
Chain – c/o Crunchy Fashion store
Shoes – Catwalk
Bag – Boutique in Bangalore
SPREAD THE LOVE

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Atrocious Scribblings December 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Totally concur with the commenting thing but I dont get sleep(seriously) if I don't reply. I'm OCD, I know :P.

Is MI-4 worth a watch? What did you think of the BMW I-8 in the movie? And did't know Anil kapoor was in the movie until you mentioned it.

Cheers :)

• Reply Keirthana December 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I am with AS on the commenting back.. It will keep on nagging me until I do. At the same time I understand it is difficult for fashion bloggers like you to reply Thank You for all the comments that are of the same genre..

Btw, love the top. It is so cute. I am gonna get one like that :)

• Reply TheGirlAtFirstAvenue December 17, 2011 at 4:41 pm

@AS-
    Yes its definitely worth a watch. Specially for the car. Am sure you'll love it! Oh man! Its a treat to watch it! Anil Kapoor's role is for exactly 5 min. No biggie.

@Keirthana-
    well i'll be 'replying' back on all your blogs anyway :) Its just double work to do it both here and there every single time! And the “thank you's”.. they are never ending! Glad you could understand :)

• Reply Purvi December 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm

i also do not comment on the comments I get as I feel sometimes mere facts are stated in comments and all that I think is “Yeah” or a “Thank You” so what I like doing instead is to read those bloggers' posts and then voice my opinion though sometimes “nice outfit” is the only thing I say :) :)… after reading your post I think I will have to clarify this to my readers as well…

anyways, I have been craving for a colored pant for quite sometime now but haven't really got one as I plan to reduce some weight before indulging :) :)

and I was so saddened by Anil Kapoor's choice of role… all I thought was Why Mr Kapoor Why so desperate to act in a Firang movie… anyways I liked the movie :) and since i live in Sharjah, I liked the Dubai touch to it :) :)

Now that was a huge comment(s) :)

• Reply Tanvi December 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Thats a great outfit. Love the combination!

♡ from © tanvii.com

• Reply sumitra December 17, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I shamelessly admit that I never knew one was supposed to reply to all comments. I didn't do it until recently I started to wake up and notice that everyone else was 😀

I agree with you that it's just silly to put 10 or 20 thank yous. And silly to expect a blogger to do so. This is where the blogger comment form sucks too, you have to use @ in a new comment and you can't just reply to specific comments.

Oh well, I'm rambling again. Nice top and nice pendant. Where's this location? Looks awesome.

• Reply Rambling Of A Single Girl In The City December 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Loved the top . perfect for the season

• Reply beckaboots December 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I haven't heard of that movie. I love going to the movies though. My mom and I always get a huge thing of popcorn when we go haha :) Love the red pants. You really can't go wrong with the color red in my opinion.

Bekah
    If Work Permits

• Reply Gayatri December 17, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Haha! Numbers game. People do that?

You know I love those pants!!

Gayatri

• Reply SAYANTANI SAHA December 18, 2011 at 2:50 am

I will never have a problem thanking people back cos I don't get thst many comments..lol
    I luurrvveee the colour of your pants!

• Reply Natasha December 18, 2011 at 5:33 am

haha..such a refreshing post! Numbers game sounds so bollywood and yes, there are people who leave comments only to get a follow back…ewww!! Love your pants :)

• Reply SEPO December 18, 2011 at 5:48 am

I saw MI too!! and man anil kapoor really is pathetic in it!!

Though I loved the movie, I really did not enjoy Tom Cruise coz he looked so old :( and un-sexy!

The stunts were awesome!!

• Reply Swarnali December 18, 2011 at 6:18 am

Great post and you look really pretty :) I so love your pants!! That shot with the wall is super good 😀

• Reply Red Handed December 18, 2011 at 8:19 am

I reply most of the times, but last two posts I couldnt reply. Its so cold that I get really lazy :( I repent though but then it is too late!
    And yes we know who our genuine readers are:)
    Love the redness!! Nice bag too!

• Reply Jack December 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm

TGAFA,

Read 4 pending posts now. One needs to have little flexibility but not at the cost of basic principles. Grey is always there. Navigated and read her write up on you. I normally avoid going on stage in marriages but convey wishes through parents of young couple. It is not difficult to reply to each comment even if it is just to say thanks. It however depends on time available to one. I feel one should not believe in number game but be natural.

Take care

• Reply Soumya December 18, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I swear I always always read the entire post. Shapath! :)

I know its seriously annoying to say a dozen thank yous. Instead on commenting 'good', 'nice', 'good read' etc its better to just not comment. The whole about writing about any topic and the whole point in having the comments section is to mention your take on it or even debate if necessary.

I totally second you on the increase the numbers bit. I've visited a few blogs where the owner replies back a polite 'Thanks' as individual comments. Imagine that! 😀

Like I said in FB, I so love the top. H&M yeah? I'm on it now! And those red pants, I'm not finding my size anywhere here, not even in MNG :(. Might have to visit Hyd soon.

• Reply Suruchi December 19, 2011 at 10:23 am

that's a very cool sweater-would we call it that? and anyways I loved the orange backdrop too-the settings and locations so add to the picture, not that you need them just that it gives the image its own colour…

and commenting back can really be tough-I write a post in a few hours and take a few days to comment on the whatever small number of comments I get before I can even think of writing again…I think I would have to think of copying you in this:-)

• Reply ☆ Rià ღ December 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I really like the top. Well it was obvious when we never got to see Anil in the MI 4 promos. I m still not sure if i will watch it.

• Reply PeeVee™ December 19, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Bleh. I try not to reply to the 'nice post' wale comments but then it seems rude to reply only to some and then ignore the others, so I reply. It sounds foolish when I read my own replies.
    With you on that.

You should wear pony tails more often, you really really should.

The Red Pants:)

But where are the other walls? For other shoots?

• Reply Cloud Nine December 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Am really confused by the post, should i comment on the dress or not:P Loved the pants, anyway;) As for the number game, i too don't bother, but i feel it is rather rude to remain silent when someone comments on your blog:)

• Reply nitika December 19, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I even sooo agree with the Thank you part.. I prefer posting a Thank you comment referring to everyone who has read nd commented below all the comments !!
    Plus if there's sme specific query or comment made, I make sure to visit the person's blog nd replying personally !! : )

PS- loveeee ur red pants !!I have been trying to find 1 fr me since longg timee.. But no success till now !! : (

• Reply Pria Rao December 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Commenting back 20 to 30 thank you's can be pain. But I think it's just like replying hi to someone. Even if it is the same 'nice outfit' types, still they take time and comment, you know :)
    Whats that behind number game?

• Reply ♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ December 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm

That way you can at least avoid those comment-on-my-blog-too sort of people, but I think the genuine reads might get a little offended.
    When they take th trouble to read and comment, they'd think its only fair that you reply.
    But then again, like you said, 20-30 thank yous seem a little weird. 😛

I loved the pants! 😀

• Reply Mitr Friend - Bhushavali December 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm

So true!!!
    I generally say Thank You all in one comment and then go on to proceed with individual replies to certain comments!!!
    Well, great top..
    And what's the location in your first pic.??
    And a very Happy New Year dear…Fashion Panache – When I was a Bride's Maid…

• Reply Sara Shoemaker December 21, 2011 at 2:44 am

I agree, I get so sick of the comments like “cute.” …or
    “like the shoes. come check out my blog.” it's so self-centered. that's all blogging is these days. :( I've always wanted to find a fun wall to photograph by for my blog! you lucky, it looks awesome with those amazing bright pants. I have been on the verge of buying red pants so many times.

The House of Shoes

• Reply The Dainty Doll's House December 28, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I have to say that I agree with you!! I get tired of seeing the same kinds of comments. I reply to comments anyways, but to always see 'comment me back' or 'I ahve a giveaway' type comment or one word comments is a bit much and I don't always respond to them, if I did I would never get to blogs that I enjoy reading like this one as it has happened to me before when I tried commenting back to everyone. I was exhausted and just couldn't do it anymore. I still respond to everyone, just not always in the way they expect. If I like a blog I'll follow it anyways, so asking isn't needed. But, I think you are right in what you say & good on you for saying it too, because a lot of others wouldn't. !!!

• Reply TheBluntBlogger December 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Wo! The comments are not just about WOW this time :) Good to see the trick working and I sometimes reply to comments, sometimes I don't. I think it is personal, one shouldn't be pushed to reply or not….

I have been meaning to buy a red jeans, but I gave up the idea. I think, I think red trousers isn't that bad an idea…

😐 Anil Kapoor should totally retire after MI4.