The one who rummages in my wardrobe for that one top that ‘might’ fit her and turns my organized closet into a mess. The one who wears my shoes even though they are one size small and in turn makes them loose for me. The one who buys a little something for me every time she goes shopping – be it a cute coffee mug or a chunky bangle. The one who shouts and threatens me when am buying a pile of useless stuff. The one who originally got me hooked to online shopping :P. The one who’s got the most unique sense of style and dares to wear stuff that we ‘normal people’ would never attempt.
The one and only!!! My sister!
We have the most varied yet similar tastes. Every time we go shopping we end up buying totally different things and I hate her selections. But the moment we come home and she tries it on, I am begging her to give it to me!
Time is flying!…
..It seems like just yesterday…
1. …when we had time for almost everything
2. …when I was counting on good calories in my diet
3. …when I was happy and jumping with the good ‘pregnancy hormones’ which were making my skin glow and hair all glossy.
4. …when my house was spic and span and we were a ‘neat couple’ with the philosophy of ‘a place for everything and everything in its place’
5. …when the weekends extended up to two in the afternoon lazily snuggling in the bed with absolutely no guilt.
6. …when I was looking out for 0000 size bub clothes in the stores.
7. …when we went all excited to choose baby pram and car seat.
8. …when we bought him his first toy.
9. …when we caught the plane to India all excited to show off our new possession (baby boy is after all a matter of pride according to still prejudiced Indians)
10. …when I was checking my weight almost every day and ‘boo-hooing’ over not losing even a kilo despite all the ‘bub-work’!!
11. …when we were buying 3-7 kg ‘for new born’ Huggies
…all these seem happening just yesterday…
Reality does strike sometimes like this one – three more months to go and we would be busy laying out the first birthday invite card for Vibhas [my 9 month old 🙂 ]
As long as I have such cherished memories I don’t care if time isn’t a slow mate of mine anymore!
This is a little something I wanted to do for my little sis (our only official fashionista cum official fashion blogger in the entire family…****toast****) – my fashion sense is a bit hindered by the hectic ‘bub-schedule’ but sometimes I do manage to put some accessories on and try a bit of mis-matching stuff I have long forgotten about in my wardrobe 🙂
I cannot believe how busy she has become! It really does seem like just yesterday when we were spending so many
useless useful hours shopping and gossiping! With the arrival of a baby, your whole world changes and boy oh boy! Did her world change or what! When it comes to accessorizing I am way wayyy behind my sister. I am always confused by ‘How much is too much?’. Even with the most minimal amount I feel like its ‘too much’. Give me re-mixing clothes any day! Oh well! I am still learning! But she throws on the most random things ever and manages to look flawless. It also helps that she is 10 times prettier than me!
The ‘I-am-trying-very-hard-to-pose’ pose 😉
JOIN US ON