1) Blogs with falling hearts, falling snowflakes, falling everything! Page loading takes forever and it is so visually disturbing! Specially when I am trying to look at your outfit through the incessant raining of hearts.
2) Blogs with countless photos of the same outfit, in the same poses, in every single post! There was one blog that I came across that had 41 photos in one outfit post. Yes I counted! (Sad part was, I loved her style, I loved most of her outfits, the photography was very professional and stunning. Everything else about the blog was neat and clean. But this overdose of photos did it for me.)
3) We all know neons are in, but blogs with hideous neon fonts and background colors? That’s taking it way too far! I’ve been blinded by such blogs far too many times. In the future, keep neons restricted to your clothing and accessories.
4) Blogs that have a widget that plays music. Specially when the blog theme and matter is in no way related to music. On top of that they have a disclaimer saying “If you want the music to stop, click the “pause” button on the side bar”. Why should I? I’d rather stop visiting your blog.
5) Blogs with weird fonts. Either you end up squinting your eyes off trying to read the post, or the font is so huge that its almost spilling out of the page or its so curly(?) that it feels like you are deciphering a secret code. Those fonts are worse than anybody’s handwriting that I know.
6) Blogs with teeny tiny outfit pictures. I know privacy is a concern and some people are not comfortable having large sized pictures of themselves, but really I can’t see anything except that there’s a tiny creature resembling a human being and is apparently wearing clothes :/
7) Grammar, spellings and punctuation. This is probably the first most annoying thing. Occasional typos are okay.. we all make them. But there’s a thing called spell check. And something else called grammar. Maybe its because I am a voracious reader, but I automatically keep correcting the sentences in my mind and concentrate on proof-reading rather than what the blogger is actually saying!
8) SMS language. “Tdy I wore dis outfit 2 a prty. Wore it wid mah nw pumps nd blzr. Also wore mah kewl new gogs”
Yeah I know the sentence makes no sense what-so-ever, just wanted to give a demo! Frankly I don’t type this way even while texting. I have to, and I mean have to type out the entire word and sentence. Even if I am not using dictionary, I type the entire word. Yes I am weird like that. But the least people can do is stick to proper complete words and sentences at least while blogging.
9) Too many advertisements and banners all wedged together without any breathing space. A blog should be clutter free and easy on the eyes. The first thing I should notice is the content and rest of your social networking widgets and sponsors-advertisements etc all neatly arranged around it. But squeezing an ad into every minute bit of space available? Big no-no.