Whether you’re celebrating your first or your fiftieth Valentine’s Day together, you want to make your present special. One of the hottest gifts you can give this year is silver jewellery. Whether you are a gentleman giving to a gal or a woman to a man, you can present much appreciated, useful and very fashionable: silver jewellery. A lady can give her guy some very hipster silver chain bracelets or a super cool silver ring. And, she’ll be thrilled to receive earrings, a necklace, a brooch, a ring or a bracelet.
Once you know what you’re going to give as a gift, you need to find a place to make that Valentine’s Day gift of silver jewellery. You can shop one of the largest silver jewellery collections online and find just the perfect present.
When choosing silver, be sure you examine it carefully. It should be well-crafted, constructed in a way that designates quality. For earrings (great idea for a Valentine’s gift), make sure that the clasps works easily, but is very secure. Silver chain links shouldn’t kink or bend. Hinges and locks should be securely fastened.
Silver has traditionally been a very special gift. Consider the expression gleaned from Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes who lamented that not everyone was “born with a silver spoon” in their mouths – this has subsequently resulted in the tradition of gifting newborns with (often engraved) silver baby spoons. Silver is considered as always an acceptable gift, for birthdays, anniversaries, and celebrations, whether you’re congratulating someone on a new job or retirement.
Silver has been given as a special gift and it’s believed that as early as 3,100 B.C. Egyptian rulers were accepting gifts of silver vases from Crete ambassadors.
Copper is added to silver to make it more pliable and appropriate for jewellery. Sterling silver is 92.5% (925 parts) pure silver and 7.5% (75 parts) alloy. Only jewellery with that percentage can be marked or stamped “silver.” In addition to use in jewellery, sterling silver is used for flatware, hollowware and giftware.
Ideas for the Surprise
The goals of the unique ways to say “I love you,” are, of course, a way to present her with a special gift of silver jewellery. Some ideas offered are (with slight alterations):
- Take her on a scavenger hunt (the prize, of course, will be the present), throughout your town or at your favourite location. Give her clues and each stop, she’ll move onto the next location. At the final destination, your present will await her.
- Go on a special getaway, you plan everything (this will have particular impact if she is usually the one who makes plans). Wait for a special moment to present her with the gift.
- Give her the traditional dozen roses and attach to each rose a reason why you love her. Have her read them before you give her the gift.
- Give her a dozen red helium balloons and one white one. In each of the red balloons, put a note of why you love her. In the white one, the last one she should pop, give directions to where her present is.
- Make several course meals for her, with each dish having special meaning to the two of you. Dessert, of course, will be her present (or in addition to her favourite sweet).