As the temperature has slowly started to soar, I have already begun my whining and complaints of how hot it is and how I feel like I am melting into a gooey puddle just after a couple of minutes in the sun. I am all for summer and tropical weather and beaches but sometimes it gets too unbearable, and there is nothing much that you can do about it. When summer comes I turn nocturnal, venturing out only after sunset. Rest of the day is spent being holed up at my desk with work, accompanied by a constant supply of cold drinks, and editing and researching for articles – which is just a fancy term for mindless browsing over various blogs, magazines and shopping sites.
Clothing during summer has to invariably be as comfortable, airy and minimal as possible. There is absolutely no intention of stacking up on accessories either. Just the thought of layering anything, even a simple necklace, makes you want to peel off the layers. The only accessories I have fun with are shoes! You must know by now, that I am a hoarder of shoes and happily so! A girl can never have enough! Embellished shoes are all the rage this season. They add a little sparkle to your otherwise hot and humid day, and they are also the easiest way to add an extra something to your simple summer dress/skirt/shorts. Since I’ve already committed the sin of not shopping for the longest time ever, I didn’t waste any time in putting together a wish-list that would help all you guys with some inspiration as to what style you can go for as well!
- Consider the shape of your leg before buying gladiator sandals
- Knee-high gladiators for long legs and ankle length for shorter legs
- Also, wear chunkier styles with pants rather than dresses
- Decide if you want flats or heels. T-strap looks great for flats!
- When wearing knee-length or calf length, don’t overdo the clothes and other accessories
- Evaluate your wardrobe before deciding which pair to purchase
- If your wardrobe leans to the casual side, you can go for heavy, colorful embellishment
- If you wear a lot of dressy pieces, go for neutral solid color
- Embellished flip flops are a more casual alternative that you can consider
- If you don’t want to spend big bucks, buy some beads/studs/stones and do your own DIY!
- Perfect for a night out where you sparkle in your best
- Go for quality and make sure the embellishments don’t fall off!
- Subtle colors with delicate embellishments are your best bet
- A six inch heel + striking color might be a little too much sometimes, so opt for a shorter heel when going for bolder patterns