I’ve been associated with ASUS for a while now and have used quite a few of their products over the past few months. So when I had the opportunity to try out the new ASUS Zenfone Max, I couldn’t wait! As you know they launched in the country through a unique digital-only platform, where the Zenfone Max was shipped to select patrons prior to market availability in a locked box that could be opened through a code visible at the end of the digital launch video featuring Peter Chang, Region Head – South Asia & Country Manager for ASUS India. The video also saw Sonakshi Sinha make her first appearance as the brand ambassador of ASUS smartphones and tablets.
On the days when I have a packed schedule with meetings and events to attend, my phone battery drains faster than you can imagine. Between booking cabs, snap chatting, covering events on social media, checking emails and taking calls in between, I would say it hardly lasts me 4-5 hours. Being a social media influencer, my job is entirely dependent on technology and having the right kind of gadgets.
On a lot of days I’ve forgotten to carry my charger or my ASUS power bank (undoubtedly the one product of theirs I use on an everyday basis is the ASUS portable power bank) or both. When ASUS launched the Zenfone Max, the first feature that caught my eye was the uncompromising battery power. The 5000-mAh battery turns the Zenfone Max into an innovative charger for other devices. Not only does the battery last 2-3 days at a stretch, it can also be used to charge any other phones/devices that you have.
I actually took the phone with me on my trip to Mumbai, and used it quite a bit. After four days of moderate usage, the charge had come down to 56%. That’s it! This is definitely for people who are always on the move, and need a device with superior performance.
- ASUS Zenfone Max launched in India in January 2016
- Body Dimensions: 156×77.5×10.6 (6.14×3.05×0.42 in)
- Weight: 202g
- SIM: Dual sim (micro sim, dual stand by)
- Internal memory: 8/16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Sound: 3.5mm jack, loudspeaker
- Camera: 13MP(main), 5MP (front), 1080p
- f/2.0 aperture camera, with 85 degree wide-viewing angle
- There are 4 colors available: black, white, orange and powder blue
- It is slightly heavier than regular smartphones
- Volume control and power key are on the right side and not on the top
- The textured back offers a very good grip
- Blue light filter for eye care
- Powerful 5000mAh lithium-polymer battery
- 4 hours battery life on standby or 37.5 hours of 3G talk time
- 5 hours WiFi web browsing or 72.9 hours music playback or 22.6 hours video playback
- The accompanying OTG cable turns the phone into a charger to power up other user’s gadgets
- 5GB free lifetime ASUS webstorage
My Favorite Features:
- To-do Tasks
It has an in-built calendar/to-do list maker and we all know how much I love making lists! It makes it so much easier to plan my day, schedule meetings and shoots and have helpful little reminders for them throughout the day.
MiniMovie is another in-built app that helps you edit short videos and make movies while on your phone. You can add themes, add music, subtitles and text and make photo slideshows or videos in a few simple steps. For those who don’t know how to edit or couldn’t be bothered with earning new softwares, this is the easiest way to quickly edit and create wonderful movies. There is no hassle of even copying the pics from your phone to your laptop. Just click, edit and upload or share!
3. Share Link
This is a super cool feature that allows you to share files quickly with near by android devices or PC. No WiFi, no bluetooth and no 3G required. How cool is that!
Obviously this makes it to the list of my favorite features. I love the clarity, I love the sharpness. I’ve been using it to click so many pictures lately. I’m almost tempted to leave my DSLR behind for certain shoots.
5. ASUS Mobile Manager
This app gives you a glimpse into your phone’s battery life and storage memory. At a glance you can check the status of your phone battery, how much of memory you are currently using, you can track your data usage and more. You can quickly switch to power saver mode as well. There is also a ‘power and boost’ button with which you can optimize the power and release more memory for a seamless user experience.
Availability: Buy it on flipkart, snapdeal, amazon