If you are planning to be in Sydney for the summer, you might be looking for some interesting leisure activities that will leave a lasting memory, and you couldn’t have picked a better location than the vibrant city of Sydney. The iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge are both well worth seeing, and with some really stunning beaches, you are spoilt for choice, and if you have yet to consider a program, here are a few of the more popular day trips around the Sydney area.
- Sydney Harbour Helicopter Ride – This has to be the top of the list, and with breathtaking views of the harbour area, which include a sweep along Bondi Beach, you and your group can experience Sydney is a unique way. There are Hunter Valley helicopters for hire, and the 90-minute ride includes lunch at one of the best local restaurants, where you can sample great cuisine and some of the best wine Australia has to offer.
- Explore Unknown Beaches – While there is always Bondi Beach, the locals know of several stretches of sand that offer idyllic surroundings, and with a host of watersports on the menu, you can spend Christmas Day in style. There are many quiet coves within a 10km radius of the city centre, and you could always charter a sail boat for the day, complete with crew. Check various resources online for more detailed information on the best beaches in the Sydney area, which will give you many options.
- Visit the Local Markets – Whatever your style, there are some fantastic local markets that offer a variety of Asian cuisine, and with arts and crafts in abundance, this is the perfect way to experience the local customs and culture. The red lanterns of the Chinatown Night Market really do give the place an Asian feel, and the range of goods on sale means there is something for everyone. If you would like to spend a few days exploring local markets, there is a useful guide that will help you to plan a busy schedule you can find online.
- Hunter Valley Gourmet Tour – You could hire a car and take your chances, or better still charter a helicopter to take you and your group on a breathtaking tour of the Blue Mountains, while also sampling some of the best food and wine that Western Australia is famed for. If the truth be known, you could spend a few weeks in Hunter Valley, and if hiking along spectacular paths is your idea of heaven, Hunter Valley is for you.
- The Royal Botanic Gardens – This park is a natural jewel in the concrete jungle, and is probably the oldest garden in the southern hemisphere, with 30 hectares of well-kept lawns and flower beds, making it the ideal place for the family to spend the day, and if you pack a picnic, you can find a nice quiet corner to spread out your fayre and enjoy the natural beauty that has captivated the locals for almost 200 years.
There is so much to see and do in the Sydney area, and with the help of the Internet, you can plan a dynamic day out for the whole family.